Saturday, June 02, 2007

Why Again?

Yet another one of the boys is dying. Lucifer is very sick and has stopped eating and drinking. If he makes it through the night I'll be very surprised. We haven't even had him that long; 10 days today. Morgan brought Lucifer home the day after Mr. Nibbly died, and Lucifer wound up sick too. It's strange because the other 5 seem to be fine. El Presidente sneezes a lot but his breathing's fine, his nose is clear and he acts 100% normal. I'll receive my first check from my new job the last week of June, and I'm taking everyone to the vet. It'll cost around $250 for the exams, and another $150 if everyone needs meds, but at least I won't have to worry about anyone else getting sick. This is becoming a little too much for me to handle.

In other news I turned in my resignation letter yesterday. My last day at Stark State is June 8th and my first day at the new place is June 11th. I'm beyond excited. I have to go in on Monday to go over my employment offer and benefits package. Yes, a benefits PACKAGE. I'm geeked out beyond words. Now I'm looking forward to moving in September. It'll have to be around here, though, and not the Cleveland area. South Akron, Greentown, Uniontown, Green, Bath and North Canton are all possibilities, and I guess Mogadore and Tallmadge are as well. It's going to take me a while to find the perfect place, so I plan on beginning my search in mid-July. I'll have 60 days to find the perfect place. I just hope that's enough time.

Lucifer is laying all cute on top of his tissue box. Poor guy, I feel so bad for him but there's nothing I can do. The vet isn't in until Monday, and the Stark County Vet Hospital won't treat a rat. Assholes.

I need to finish cleaning the apartment, then get the dirty clothes into the Grand Prix. Bah, I hate housework.